Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hiding the Excel UI when running a userform

I have a user form that is used to capture data that updates another
spreadsheet. Is it possible to programmatically hide all of the Excel user
interface so that the end user only sees the user form?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This gets rid of quite a bit. You can play with it to see if it is what you
are looking for.

With Application
.DisplayFullScreen = True
.DisplayFormulaBar = False
.DisplayStatusBar = False
End With
With ActiveWindow
.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False 'Make space and clear screen
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = False
.DisplayWorkbookTabs = False
.DisplayHeadings = False
.DisplayGridlines = False
End With

"Ken Warthen" wrote:

I have a user form that is used to capture data that updates another
spreadsheet. Is it possible to programmatically hide all of the Excel user
interface so that the end user only sees the user form?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use Application.Visible = False. Make sure that it gets set back to
True even when (especially when) an error occurs.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ken Warthen" wrote in message
I have a user form that is used to capture data that updates another
spreadsheet. Is it possible to programmatically hide all of the Excel
user
interface so that the end user only sees the user form?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Chip. Is there the equivalent of an autoexec routing in which I could
place the code? It would be cool if I could just have the form appear
without the user ever seeing the Excel UI.

Ken

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

You can use Application.Visible = False. Make sure that it gets set back to
True even when (especially when) an error occurs.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel, 10 Years
Pearson Software Consulting
www.cpearson.com
(email on the web site)

"Ken Warthen" wrote in message
I have a user form that is used to capture data that updates another
spreadsheet. Is it possible to programmatically hide all of the Excel
user
interface so that the end user only sees the user form?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or put it into the code that calls the userform.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

You can use Application.Visible = False. Make sure that it gets set back
True even when (especially when) an error occurs.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel, 10 Years
Pearson Software Consulting
www.cpearson.com
(email on the web site)

"Ken Warthen" wrote in message
I have a user form that is used to capture data that updates another
spreadsheet. Is it possible to programmatically hide all of the Excel
user
interface so that the end user only sees the user form?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's exactly what I was looking for thanks. I haven't done much VBA
programming in the last five years or so, but am getting back into it with an
assortment of projects at work. Any recommendations for books related to VBA
programming in Excel 2007? TIA

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

You can use Application.Visible = False. Make sure that it gets set back
True even when (especially when) an error occurs.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel, 10 Years
Pearson Software Consulting
www.cpearson.com
(email on the web site)

"Ken Warthen" wrote in message
I have a user form that is used to capture data that updates another
spreadsheet. Is it possible to programmatically hide all of the Excel
user
interface so that the end user only sees the user form?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here are the books I like:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/xlbooks.html#ExcelVBA

Anything by Walkenbach is a good start: solid and easy to follow. The books
by Bullen, Bovey, et al, are more advanced.

- Jon
-------