Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to populate Combo Box ??

Hello,

I need some help in populating a Combo box from a table list, especially if
the combo box comes from active-x controll box. I read from the previous
thread that it can be done by right clicking combo box, setting Rowsource
properties. In fact, I found that it can work under userform but not under
excel tabel. I don't find any property Rowsource when I right click combo
box.

1. How to populate combo box that used in excel table ??
2. Are there any difference between combo box in userform with those from
controll toolbox ??

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in the worksheet, it is call the ListFillRange property. The actual
property belongs to the container object which on a userform is a control and
on a worksheet is the oleobject. that is why they are different.

Tom Ogilvy

"dennis logan" wrote:

Hello,

I need some help in populating a Combo box from a table list, especially if
the combo box comes from active-x controll box. I read from the previous
thread that it can be done by right clicking combo box, setting Rowsource
properties. In fact, I found that it can work under userform but not under
excel tabel. I don't find any property Rowsource when I right click combo
box.

1. How to populate combo box that used in excel table ??
2. Are there any difference between combo box in userform with those from
controll toolbox ??

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried to set the ListFill property by right clicking it in order to connect
the combo box with a range of table, for example "B3-B6", but still doesn't
work. Pointing the cursor on that property and press F1 to get help doesn't
work as well. Do I need to script it ?? Could you advise me further ??

Thanks again.

"dennis logan" wrote:

Hello,

I need some help in populating a Combo box from a table list, especially if
the combo box comes from active-x controll box. I read from the previous
thread that it can be done by right clicking combo box, setting Rowsource
properties. In fact, I found that it can work under userform but not under
excel tabel. I don't find any property Rowsource when I right click combo
box.

1. How to populate combo box that used in excel table ??
2. Are there any difference between combo box in userform with those from
controll toolbox ??

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

your entry in the property should be like

sheet1!B3:B6

Don't expect this to change if you add or delete columns. You would have to
change it manually (or programmatically).

Tom Ogilvy