Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default User Form Creation

Hello,

I see a lot of posts regarding how to adjust properties on a userform, but
none on how to create one.

What I am trying to do:

I have merged cells containing text, in a protected spreadsheet. I want to
place a command button next to these merged cells, and when pressed, does the
following:

1. Put the text into a userform (text box) to allow the user to edit it.
2. Close the form, which updates the data in the merged cells.
3. Autoformat the merged cells (I have this part figured out).

Thanks.

--David
--
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Create the form in the Visual Basic Editor along with whatever code you want
it to perform, then open the form with the button.

dim frm as new frmNameChange
frm..show

Ross

"David" wrote in message
Hello,

I see a lot of posts regarding how to adjust properties on a userform, but
none on how to create one.

What I am trying to do:

I have merged cells containing text, in a protected spreadsheet. I want
place a command button next to these merged cells, and when pressed, does
the
following:

1. Put the text into a userform (text box) to allow the user to edit it.
2. Close the form, which updates the data in the merged cells.
3. Autoformat the merged cells (I have this part figured out).

Thanks.

--David
--
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Ross. That did the trick.

Is there a way to load up the text with the contents of a cell, before I
make the userform visible?
--
David