Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default looking for a losing button

Hi all,

There used to a button on one of my sheets,but all of sudden it disappers(I
did not delete it), I am guessing it is hiding somewhere else, could you tell
me how to find it on my worksheet, I tried to use the name box on the
formula bar, but it doesn't work.

Clara

thank you so much for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Clara,

When that happens to me in Excel 2000, I view the control toolbox
toolbar and select design mode. Then the control becomes visible.

Dan

On Oct 9, 11:25 am, clara wrote:
Hi all,

There used to a button on one of my sheets,but all of sudden it disappers(I
did not delete it), I am guessing it is hiding somewhere else, could you tell
me how to find it on my worksheet, I tried to use the name box on the
formula bar, but it doesn't work.

Clara

thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you don't have the Visual Basic toolbar visible, make it visible (click
View/Toolbars/VisualBasic from Excels menu bar). Then put the spreadsheet in
Design Mode by clicking the icon on this toolbar that looks like a
triangle/ruler/pencil. Now, click Edit/GoTo from Excel's menu bar and click
the Special button on the dialog box that appears. Select the Objects option
button and click OK. If any objects (buttons are objects) exist on your
spreadsheet, they are now selected... you should be able to tab among them
using the TAB key. Note, this GoTo only works on a per sheet basis, so if
you have more than one sheet, and you are not sure which sheet the button
may be on, you will have to repeat the above process for each sheet until
you find the button you are searching for.

Rick

"clara" wrote in message
Hi all,

There used to a button on one of my sheets,but all of sudden it
disappers(I
did not delete it), I am guessing it is hiding somewhere else, could you
tell
me how to find it on my worksheet, I tried to use the name box on the
formula bar, but it doesn't work.

Clara

thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rick

By your method, I coud not find it, but I am sure it is still there since I
can run the follwoing statement in Immediate Window:

sheets("English Inspection").btnEqp.visible = true, btnEqp is the name of
the missing button and English Inspection is the sheet name.

Thank you very much for your help!

"clara" wrote in message
Hi all,

There used to a button on one of my sheets,but all of sudden it
disappers(I
did not delete it), I am guessing it is hiding somewhere else, could you
tell
me how to find it on my worksheet, I tried to use the name box on the
formula bar, but it doesn't work.

Clara

thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I didn't realize you knew its name... what happens if you execute these two
statements in the Immediate window of the VBA editor?

Sheets("English Inspection").btnEqp.Left = 0
Sheets("English Inspection").btnEqp.Top = 0

and possibly

Sheets("English Inspection").btnEqp.Visible = True

Can you then see it resting on top of A1 on the English Inspection sheet? If
so, can you then select and delete it (possibly having to turn on Design
Mode first)?

Rick

"clara" wrote in message
Hi all,

There used to a button on one of my sheets,but all of sudden it
disappers(I
did not delete it), I am guessing it is hiding somewhere else, could
you
tell
me how to find it on my worksheet, I tried to use the name box on the
formula bar, but it doesn't work.

Clara

thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rick,

I've tried
Sheets("English Inspection").btnEqp.Left = 0
Sheets("English Inspection").btnEqp.Top = 0

and

Sheets("English Inspection").btnEqp.Visible = True

Nothing appeared in the designed cell. When I tried these statements on
other buttons they appeared on the top-left cell.

Since I have some code associating with the missing button, so I would like
to add another button with same name, so all logic will remain intact , but
how can I first delete the missing button ? or Could you tell me how are you
going to handle it ?

Thank you very much!

Clara