Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Wanna insert checkmark with code

My spreadsheet is in Arial but when I want to do a checkmark, I need
Wingdings2 font. So, I actively set the font for the cell as Wingdings2 and
then set the value. But, my code only gives me a P (when it should give me
a checkmark):

Sub checkmark()
With ActiveCell
.Font.Name = "Wingdings2"
.Value = "P"
End With
End Sub

The activecell's font becomes Wingdings2, but the character that shows is
"P". I know the value of the checkmark is Wingdings 61520, because when I
use the numeric keypad with the alternate key, and enter 61520, I get a
checkmark. How do I enter a checkmark in my active cell using code?

TIA!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 8, 5:23 pm, "zSplash" wrote:
My spreadsheet is in Arial but when I want to do a checkmark, I need
Wingdings2 font. So, I actively set the font for the cell as Wingdings2 and
then set the value. But, my code only gives me a P (when it should give me
a checkmark):

Sub checkmark()
With ActiveCell
.Font.Name = "Wingdings2"
.Value = "P"
End With
End Sub

The activecell's font becomes Wingdings2, but the character that shows is
"P". I know the value of the checkmark is Wingdings 61520, because when I
use the numeric keypad with the alternate key, and enter 61520, I get a
checkmark. How do I enter a checkmark in my active cell using code?

TIA!!

It Wingdings 2, with a space. Make that adjustment and your code will
work.
Sub checkmark()
With ActiveCell
.Font.Name = "Wingdings 2"
.Value = "P"
End With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hej, Thanks, J.W.
I changed to .Value = "P " and it still doesn't work. (vbSpace isn't right,
either)
Any other suggestions??

st.

"JW" wrote in message