Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Autofil from a list box (data validation)

Hi

Using Data / validation I have created a list box with predefined values eg
"Kevin", "Paul", "John", "Keith".

I would like to enable an autofil feature such that if you enter the first
letter of a value in the list you can see available values. I see 2 ways it
can happen using above 4 values as example

1. If I enter "K" a drop down list appears showing "Kevin" and "Keith" and I
can arrow up down to choose. I see this a lot when selecting airports in
airline reservation websites
2. When entering letters once you get a unique possibility compared to the
list the value pops up and you can just enter eg if i type "KE", nothing but
if i enter "Kev" then Kevin is highlighted - this already happens in excel
but only if the value is already displayed in cells above ie not connected to
the values in the list

any advice welcome. I can code a little but not an expert so easiest
solution probable best, which i think is 2 but I would prefer to be able to
do no 1
--
Kevin