Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Running an excel macro from the task manager

I wish to run an excel macro from the task manager. I have the Workbook with
an auto_open, but the macro will not execuite at any security level(so I
don't think that is the problem) The macro seems to take the first "A" as an
end of file.
If I could put the macro in a text file and run it with the command
interpreter that wold also work.

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can run excel from the Start - Run window optio by typing the following

excel c:\temp\book1.xls

This wil work from the cmd intepreter. It is more common these days to use
a Workbook_Open macro then to use the auto run feature.

"OlieH" wrote:

I wish to run an excel macro from the task manager. I have the Workbook with
an auto_open, but the macro will not execuite at any security level(so I
don't think that is the problem) The macro seems to take the first "A" as an
end of file.
If I could put the macro in a text file and run it with the command
interpreter that wold also work.

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Joel that did work. I did try the workbook open before. It would open the
worksheet but would not automatically execuite the macro. Since the macro
(workbook) is signed that may make a difference. But the full path name did
work for me.
Thank you very much
olie