Mike

Default Task Manager and Excel 2003

When using excel (and other Office Programs) I often have a problem in
Windows XP. If is open and work with many Excel files and then close them
all, they are actyually still "working" in the background and take up memeory
space. I need to hit Ctrl Alt Delete and go to task manager and manualy end
each process fo excel that si still operating.

Any way to get around this? Is there a way to just close Excel and it
clsoes completely?

Mike
Dave Peterson

Are you opening any instances of excel via code?

Or is excel crashing when you're closing it?

And are you opening multiple instances of excel or just opening excel once but
opening multiple workbooks within that instance?

--

Dave Peterson