Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Saving format detail of entire row/column

Is it possible to save and restore the formats of entire row and column.
Basically I want to write a SelectionChange event which would highlight the
current row and column. I'd much appreciate if somebody could help me with
the code.

--
Thanx & regards,
Asif
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just use a helper column or row to store the formats:

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 10/5/2007 by James Ravenswood
'

'
Columns("A:A").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Range("N1").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

Gary''s Student - gsnu200748

"Asif" wrote:

Is it possible to save and restore the formats of entire row and column.
Basically I want to write a SelectionChange event which would highlight the
current row and column. I'd much appreciate if somebody could help me with
the code.

--
Thanx & regards,
Asif

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Asif, the only thing I can think of is to copy the entire column to another
column on the same sheet or a different sheet. Then, after manipulating the
column, you could restore the original formatting by copying the new column
and paste special over the original column, pasting formats only. You
should be able to record doing this so you can see how to do it. Same with
the row. James