Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot table: showing COLUMN summaries for some, not all, COLUMN fields.

Hi,
My pivot table has five COLUMN fields, one PAGE field, and three ROW
fields.

I want to output a report from this pivot table. For some of the
column pivot items, I want to hide the detail and just output the
subtotals, and for other columns pivot items I want to show the detail
and NOT the subtotals.

For some columns I want to show items with no data and for others I
don't.

To try to illustrate this, three of the column fields are (in order of
listing on the Pivot Table):
1. ApplicationOutcomeStatus
2. ApplicationStatus
3. ApplicationOfferResponse

For ApplicationOutcomeStatus, there are the following values:
Reject
Offer
Waitlist
Pending

I want the TOTAL of Reject and WAITLIST (ie hide the details). If the
PageItem has no data, I still want to see these columns.

For those records with an ApplicationOutcomeStatus ="OFFER". I need
some details on the ApplicationStatus: I want the total of only those
records with an ApplicationStatus="PENDING" and
AppOfferResponse="COMPLETE". Again, if the PageItem changes and there
is no data, I need to see these columns.

My problem is that while I can fix the columns when looking at one
Page Item, changing the PageItem hide the empty columns. I also want
to be able to configure the visible/hidden details. Am I right in
thinking that the only way to do this is with pretty complex VBA?

Thanks
Andy