Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Links

Hi,

I've been having trouble with this. Other link inserts work but not this
one and I can't see why.

I have a main page with data starting in row 13.

I have individual sheets which are linked to the main page. I'm inserting
the links with vba.

The links where my row is less than 13 work fine. This one my row is 29 and
I keep getting a run time error 1004, application defined or object defined
error.

"'!R[+" & NextRow - 29 & "]C8"

If I'm linking to row 13 it should be R[-16]. Nextrow, being 13,
subtracting 29 gives me -16.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.
--

Karen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What happens if you do this?

Msgbox "'!R[+" & NextRow - 29 & "]C8"

Is it what you expect?

Tim

"Karen53" wrote in message

I've been having trouble with this. Other link inserts work but not this
one and I can't see why.

I have a main page with data starting in row 13.

I have individual sheets which are linked to the main page. I'm inserting
the links with vba.

The links where my row is less than 13 work fine. This one my row is 29
and
I keep getting a run time error 1004, application defined or object
defined
error.

"'!R[+" & NextRow - 29 & "]C8"

If I'm linking to row 13 it should be R[-16]. Nextrow, being 13,
subtracting 29 gives me -16.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.
--

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 30 Sep, 18:34, Karen53 wrote:
Hi,

I've been having trouble with this. Other link inserts work but not this
one and I can't see why.

I have a main page with data starting in row 13.

I have individual sheets which are linked to the main page. I'm inserting
the links with vba.

The links where my row is less than 13 work fine. This one my row is 29 and
I keep getting a run time error 1004, application defined or object defined
error.

"'!R[+" & NextRow - 29 & "]C8"

If I'm linking to row 13 it should be R[-16]. Nextrow, being 13,
subtracting 29 gives me -16.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.
--

Karen

Whats going on people are replying to other threads on my thread now,
I think I'll give up for now
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your help!

The msgbox returns R[+ - 16]C8

So, I didn't need the plus sign before nextrow. Thanks!
--

Karen

"Tim Williams" wrote:

What happens if you do this?

Msgbox "'!R[+" & NextRow - 29 & "]C8"

Is it what you expect?

Tim

"Karen53" wrote in message

I've been having trouble with this. Other link inserts work but not this
one and I can't see why.

I have a main page with data starting in row 13.

I have individual sheets which are linked to the main page. I'm inserting
the links with vba.

The links where my row is less than 13 work fine. This one my row is 29
and
I keep getting a run time error 1004, application defined or object
defined
error.

"'!R[+" & NextRow - 29 & "]C8"

If I'm linking to row 13 it should be R[-16]. Nextrow, being 13,
subtracting 29 gives me -16.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.
--

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

" wrote:
On 30 Sep, 18:34, Karen53 wrote:
[...]

David- Hide quoted text -

Ok that's whats happening,
So I had a similiar problem in the misc section, so by chance if I
name my thread anything that has been posted in the past it will be
posted in that thread? that is rubbish

Thanks for clearing that up

Cheers
David