Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default can an excel file compiled on a Windows PC be used on a Mac computer?

Can an Excel data file compiled on a PC be read by a Mac computer with
Mac version of Excel?
And vice-versa? best, Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default can an excel file compiled on a Windows PC be used on a Mac comput

Yes

" wrote:

Can an Excel data file compiled on a PC be read by a Mac computer with
Mac version of Excel?
And vice-versa? best, Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, with a few caveats, among them:

1) There are some (not many) differences in the way VBA commands are
implemented on both platforms (e.g., the GetOpenFileName method).

2) Mac VBA is version 5, so VBA6 commands won't compile in MacXL (I
conditionally compile replacement routines in my cross-platform apps).

3) ActiveX is a Windows-only technology, so ActiveX controls will not
function in MacXL.

4) UserForms are always modal in MacXL.

In article m,
" wrote:

Can an Excel data file compiled on a PC be read by a Mac computer with
Mac version of Excel?
And vice-versa? best, Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In article ,
JLGWhiz wrote:

Good info JE, I didn't think he asked about the VBA part but it don't hurt to
throw that in too.

Well, it *is* the programming group after all... <g