Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default can an excel file compiled on a Windows PC be used on a Mac co

Good info JE, I didn't think he asked about the VBA part but it don't hurt to
throw that in too.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Yes, with a few caveats, among them:

1) There are some (not many) differences in the way VBA commands are
implemented on both platforms (e.g., the GetOpenFileName method).

2) Mac VBA is version 5, so VBA6 commands won't compile in MacXL (I
conditionally compile replacement routines in my cross-platform apps).

3) ActiveX is a Windows-only technology, so ActiveX controls will not
function in MacXL.

4) UserForms are always modal in MacXL.

In article m,
" wrote:

Can an Excel data file compiled on a PC be read by a Mac computer with
Mac version of Excel?
And vice-versa? best, Aaron