Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data recognition help

Hello,

I have many pictures that I want to extract the data from and put into an
excel spreadsheet. I can use the Microsoft office document imaging, but this
takes too long. I want to have a macro that will take the picture from
Excel, put it into the document imaging, run the OCR and spit out the data
into excel. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

By "data" and "pictures", do you mean pictures of graphs? If so, then do not
use a macro. Use a pitcure digitizer program such as Engauge or DigitizeIt.
Using these satnd-alone programs you can import a picture of a graph, convert
the lines and symbols to data, and copy them into Excel.

Is this what you mean?

Matthew Pfluger

"M.Dillon" wrote:

Hello,

I have many pictures that I want to extract the data from and put into an
excel spreadsheet. I can use the Microsoft office document imaging, but this
takes too long. I want to have a macro that will take the picture from
Excel, put it into the document imaging, run the OCR and spit out the data
into excel. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is basically a list with numbers that is a picture format. I have to do
this a few times a day so I hoping there is a quick way so there is not alot
of copy and paste involved. Thanks

"M.Dillon" wrote:

Hello,

I have many pictures that I want to extract the data from and put into an
excel spreadsheet. I can use the Microsoft office document imaging, but this
takes too long. I want to have a macro that will take the picture from
Excel, put it into the document imaging, run the OCR and spit out the data
into excel. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hmm. I'm sorry, I do not know of a way to use VB to automate this task. It
sounds like you need to manipulate your OCR program from within Excel. I
know there are ways to do that between Office products, but I'm not sure
about OCR products. That's beyond my expertise.

One of the MVPs on here might be able to advise further.

Matthew Pfluger