Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matthew Pfluger Matthew Pfluger is offline

Default Data recognition help

By "data" and "pictures", do you mean pictures of graphs? If so, then do not
use a macro. Use a pitcure digitizer program such as Engauge or DigitizeIt.
Using these satnd-alone programs you can import a picture of a graph, convert
the lines and symbols to data, and copy them into Excel.

Is this what you mean?

Matthew Pfluger

"M.Dillon" wrote:

Hello,

I have many pictures that I want to extract the data from and put into an
excel spreadsheet. I can use the Microsoft office document imaging, but this
takes too long. I want to have a macro that will take the picture from
Excel, put it into the document imaging, run the OCR and spit out the data
into excel. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.