Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Accessing data stored in the worksheet (named range) in .xla file

Hi,
I'm really not skilled in programming, just what i need for engineering
applications.
I have this spreadsheet with macros and named ranges that i use to achieve
the unit conversion (meters to feet, kilogram to pund, etc,etc).
I want to have the access to the functions in this spreadsheet from several
other workbooks that also performs calculations.
So I thought on conveting my units conversion workbook to an add in, by
saving it as .xla
The problem is that i can not access the named ranges stored in the
worksheets or see them if i do that.
I do not want to loose the flexibility of adding units and conversion
factors in the units conversion worksheet.
The validation of the units entered is also important.
Any Ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You should be able to use the named ranges by using
ThisWorkbook.Range("YourNameHere"). As for not being able to see
them, you can always jump into the VBE and change the AddIn property
of your file to False. That will make the workbook visible in your
Excel app. Then, oncce completed making changes, etc, simply set the
property back to true.
Also, the Analysis ToolPak, when installed, adds a CONVERT function
that allows you to convert from one measurement system to another.
Might be worth checking into.