Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default inconsistent excel execution of cell logic

I have written a series of spreadsheets with cell logic for tax purposes, for
here in australia we have a system of GST tax which is insane. Anyway, I have
cell logic which works, then all of a sudden, I open the template file (saved
as a read-only file) and when I fill it out, I discover some of the logic is
not executing properly. I freak out, change the logic, and it suddenly works
again in a different fashion. I go to fill in the rest of the cells in the
template and another spread sheet right next to the one I am working on has
the original logic in it, and it works fine. It is driving me nuts trying to
figure out how to make it execute consistently. It is a laptop (DELL Inspiron
9400) with Vista and Excel 2007, all pretty brand new. My last updates are 19
September. I have the K numbers for them but I don't know if that will help.
It is driving me flaming nutty trying to figure out why. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It sound like the Focus of which workbook ror worksheet is active when the
code starts to run. You probably have to add into your code
workbooks("book1.xls").activate, worksheets("sheet1").activate, or
windows("book1.xls").activate.

"academiac" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am not certain this is the answer. The reason I say that is because I use
the sheets all the time, shift between them, and it only seems to have
started doing this thing recently. I thought very carefully about my habits
to see if I had done something whacky, but I do things pretty much by
routine, which led me create the sheets in the first place to save time. I
have speculated to myself that because Excel goes into "compatability mode"
[whatever in the world that is!] that that might have something to do with
it, but I haven't had the time to research it out. Joel, thanks for posting
though, I will explore the issue tomorrow or the next day when I get some
sleep.:)
regards
Academiac aka Scott