Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default When I type an H in Excel, I need to to change to the colour red?

Iam trying to do a nattendance spread sheet in excel 2000. I need to use
three letters S for Sick,H for Holidays and T for training. I need it so when
someone enters a letter into the cell,it will change to a colour of my
choice. Can you help please? and give me a basic run down on how to do this.
Thanks

DW

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Select your cell or range of cells then:-

Format|Conditional format

Select Cell Value|Equal to and type your letter in the next box and select a
colour.

Click Add and do the second letter and then add again for the third. Click OK.

Mike