Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I set up a progm that allows entry of daily tips.Waitress

I am college graduate for computers.

I'm trying to figure out what program to use and how to use it.

I have a brand new laptop compaq presario notebook. I want to be able to
log in my acual tips each day and be able to store them in a program.....

anyone out there have any advice?

I would grealy appreciate it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use any one of a number of programs. Your needs seems to be quite
simple though. On the other hand, this is an Excel usergroup, so lets see if
you can use that?

Cell A1: Date
Cell B1: Received
Cell C1: Spent
Cell D1: Balance

Now in Row 2:

A: Enter the date
B: Enter receipts
C: Enter expenditure
D: =if(A2="","",B2-C2)
in D3, and copy down as far as you want/need to go:
=IF(A3="","",C2+B3-C3)

If you really want to make life easy, then in A3 and copy down, enter:
=IF(D2="","",A2+1)

All you then have to do, is enter your earnings, expenditure, and know how
much you have left.
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman