Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Activating javascript with excel

I have a problem where I want to access a website, run a query on that
particular page of the website by activating buttons displayed on the web
page and then activate a javascript command to export the data to excel. I
am using Excel 2003 Professional. Is there any way possible of automating my
problem.
--
jason36

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim,

The button to pull up the list of queries in the web source code is :

<input class="button" id="btnLoad" style="WIDTH: 75px"
onclick="javascript:loadQuery();"type="button" value="Load"

Followed by a link to export to an excel spreadsheet :

Excel</a<br

The excel spreadsheet created always has the same name so that would be the
easy part, it's just the two parts in the automation process above that has
got me stumped.

Many Thanks

--
jason36

"jason36" wrote in message
I have a problem where I want to access a website, run a query on that
particular page of the website by activating buttons displayed on the web
page and then activate a javascript command to export the data to excel.
am using Excel 2003 Professional. Is there any way possible of automating
my
problem.
--
jason36

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Randy,

Unfortunately, i'ts restricted to the company I work for but the gist of
what I need to do is in the reply to Tim.

Regards--
jason36

"Randy Harmelink" wrote:

Might be possible. But it would depend entirely upon the details.
What web page are you trying to automate?

On Sep 20, 2:24 am, jason36 wrote:
I have a problem where I want to access a website, run a query on that
particular page of the website by activating buttons displayed on the web
page and then activate a javascript command to export the data to excel. I
am using Excel 2003 Professional. Is there any way possible of automating my
problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For the button this should work:
IE.document.getElementById("btnLoad").click

Where IE is your reference to the browser app.

For the link this might also work:
IE.document.getElementById("hlExport").click

....but it really depends on what happens in the js 'exportExcel()' function.

Tim

"jason36" wrote in message
I have a problem where I want to access a website, run a query on that
particular page of the website by activating buttons displayed on the
web
page and then activate a javascript command to export the data to
excel.
am using Excel 2003 Professional. Is there any way possible of
automating
my
problem.
--
jason36

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim,

Many Thanks

It worked like a dream. I may have another small issue, if so I'll title it
Activating Javascript 2

Thanks again
--
jason36