Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Newbie needs help

Sum up all value in column x when column y = specified value

Example:
Worksheet 1
Id number value
123 1
123 4
123 1
123 2
789 3
789 3
789 4
567 1
567 2

I am trying to get one unique ID number with sum of its value and have that
returned on to a different worksheet with one unquie ID and its sumed up
value. For example:

WorkSheet 2:
Id Number Value
123 8
789 10
567 3

The worksheet that contains these data has hundreds of ID's and I am trying
write a vba code that does this function; however, I have no idea where to
start.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Lookup the Excel help on "SumIf" this should do exactly what you are
describing without macro's. Let me know if you need help with it.

--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."