Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problems with Pasting Array contents in cells

I am having a problem where I paste the contents of an array in a range of
cells on a spreadsheet.

Where the value in the array is nil or blank and i paste it into the range
of cells, instead of blank cells I am getting the values inherited from the
cell above when it should be a blank or zero cell.

I would be grateful if anyone can solve this or offer a solution to the
problem.

Thanks

Patrick.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Patrick
Not sure what you are doing. You say you are copying an array. I take
that to be a range of cells. Is that correct?
Then you say you are pasting this range into another range. I don't know
what you mean by that. Post back and be very specific about what you are
doing. For instance:
I have a range A1:D5 that has this specific content. Then state what cell
has what. Choose a smaller range if you wish.
I select the range A1:D5.
I click on Edit - Copy.
I select cell such and such or I select range such and such.
I click on Edit - Paste.
What happens?
What do you want to happen?
HTH Otto
"Patrick" wrote in message
I am having a problem where I paste the contents of an array in a range of
cells on a spreadsheet.

Where the value in the array is nil or blank and i paste it into the range
of cells, instead of blank cells I am getting the values inherited from
the
cell above when it should be a blank or zero cell.

I would be grateful if anyone can solve this or offer a solution to the
problem.

Thanks

Patrick.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Otto

I am using an array in VBA to accumulate and store values from another
source. These values are then copied into a range on a spreadsheet by making
the range equal to the array.

i.e Range("A1:D2") = ValArray

The problems is occurring when there is a row of zero values in the array
which should leave blank or zero cells in the range on the worksheet, but i
am finding that once the array values have been placed in the worksheet the
blank row is inheriting the values from the row above. This is therefore
skewing my data.

Is there a way to stop the cells inheriting values from cells above them?

Patrick