Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default setting up blank lines in an excel 2003 pivot table

I am new to using pivot tables in excel 2003. Right now I need to change
some pivot tables.The person who setup the pivot tables at my company no
longer works for the small company I am working at.
Right now the pivot table I want to change, is intended to have a blank
line between each category that is summarized (totals) amounts. However what
is happeing, the part where a 'category value would be in blank. However ,
the totals from the preceding line show up are showing up in the rest of the
blank lines.
Re sults currently look like:
'house total 500 250 850'
'car total 160 175 199'
' 160 175 199'.

I want the results to look like:
'house total 500 250 850'
'car total 160 175 199'
' '
in the 2003 excel pivot table.

Thus can you tell me what I can do to change the pivot table line from
' 160 175 199'.
to being
' '. instead?

Thanks!