Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default import blank lines in excel 2003

I have a macro that was in use by older version of excel and it worked great
importing and formatting a text file. Somce lines in the file are blank and
are needed to import for the macro formatting to be correct. However when a
user upgraded to Excel 2003, the macro no longer works right becasue excel is
not importing the blank lines. My file open from macro follows.
txtImportFile = "C:\Facs Projects\FDOE_FLAF1_0609.txt"
Workbooks.OpenText Filename:=txtImportFile, Origin:=xlWindows _
, StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, _
ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=True, Semicolon:=False,
Comma:=False _
, Space:=False, Other:=False, FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 2), Array(2,
2), _
Array(3, 2), Array(4, 2), Array(5, 1), Array(6, 2), Array(7, 2),
Array(8, 1), Array(9, 1), Array(10, 1))

Can anyone tell me what excel overall system setting is doing this? I don't
want to rewrite the macro to add the balnk line back in, or rewrite the
process that creates the input file, becasue we have too many macros to
rewrite every one of them to insert blank lines.
Thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have this problem also; any success with overcoming it?

If you open the .txt file from the Windows Explorer | Open with it will
retain the blank lines.

Thanks