Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA String Output adds Quotes when I cut and paste to Notepad

Hello all,

I have a very frustrating little problem with Excel VBA. I have a function
which outputs a lengthly string back to an Excel cell. I need to then cut
and paste that cell into Notepad. When I do the cut and paste, it adds
quotation marks around the text. I don't see any quotation marks when
looking at the cell in excel, nor does a cut and paste into Word add
quotation marks, but Notepad and Access do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rfusee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"rfusee" wrote:

Hello all,

I have a very frustrating little problem with Excel VBA. I have a function
which outputs a lengthly string back to an Excel cell. I need to then cut
and paste that cell into Notepad. When I do the cut and paste, it adds
quotation marks around the text. I don't see any quotation marks when
looking at the cell in excel, nor does a cut and paste into Word add
quotation marks, but Notepad and Access do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rfusee

I should also mention, if I cut and paste from an adjacent cell, which is
also just text but NOT text which comes via a VBA function call, there are no
quotation marks added when pasting into Notepad. This is why I suspect it to
be a VBA specific issue.