Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Imported .csv file - illegible data

I need to import a .csv file into a spreadsheet. The problem is I'm
developing in Excel 2000 and the spreadsheet will be used on Excel 2003 (I
don't have 2003 on my PC). The import works fine in 2000 & 2002, but brings
in illegible data when the macro is run in 2003. The file origin is Windows
ANSI on all 3 PCs; the 2000 PC uses Windows 2000, the 2002 & 2003 PCs both
use XP. I suspect my problem is with the following line of code, and I have
no idea how to make this so each Excel version can import this file? Even if
I figure out how to make it work in the 2003 version, somebody somewhere will
need to use this file in one of the other versions. Can you help? TIA
..TextFilePlatform = xlWindows