Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to Disable a special button

You can disable built-in ribbon controls in Excel 2007 only by adding
specific XML markup ('RibbonX') to your workbook or add-in. In the case of
a workbook it would only be effective when the workbook is active. With an
add-in it would be effective while it is open. This is a moderately
technical subject but if you want to pursue it you can start he

http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

--
Jim