Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Command Bars - working with the built in buttons

However once added it is disabled

I wasn't able to duplicate this. Unless of course the active sheet was a
chart sheet or an XL4 macro sheet or a dialog sheet...

we have been told is due to a key add-in not being able to cope with an
excel11.xlb file bigger than 30KB

Seems unlikely but I suppose it's easy to test if it's true. A workaround
is to make your menu/toolbar customizations via macros in your Personal.xls,
deleted when Personal closes or at least with the commandbars 'temporary'
parameter set. That way they never hit the XLB.

--
Jim
"veryeavy" wrote in message
| Hi all,
|
| One quick specific question re one wee oddity I have noted with the
| following line of code:
|
| Dim btnLB3 As CommandBarButton
| Set btnLB3 =
| Application.CommandBars("SLBTbar").Controls.Add(Ty pe:=msoControlButton,
| ID:=1561)
|
| which adds the "View Code" button to my custom toolbar "SLBTbar".
|
| However once added it is disabled when I try to use it from the workbook I
| created it from, but it works fine when other workbooks are activated.
|
| Sure this is easy peasy and I am just being stoopid.
|

| I have a general question surrounding this whole area - we have a problem
at
| work which we have been told is due to a key add-in not being able to cope
| with an excel11.xlb file bigger than 30KB. Obviously this severely limits
the
| amount of customisation we can do to our toolbars. Equally obviously our
IT