Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Export a chart in a GIF file. Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error;

Hi All,

I am new programing EXCEL makros and I am trying to export an EXCEL
chart as a GIF file. I am using the following code to do it:

Set CurrentChartX =
Sheets("1.Upright&TrackRodCoordinates").ChartObjec ts(1).Chart
CurrentChartX.Parent.Width = 306
CurrentChartX.Parent.Height = 180

Fname = ThisWorkbook.Path & Application.PathSeparator & "temp.gif"
CurrentChartX.Export Filename:=Fname, FilterName:="GIF"

I obtain the following error message in the last line:
Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error;

I have tried the same code in other computers without problems.The
value of the pathname stored in Fname has been checked and seems
correct. I would appreciate any help...

Thank you,

Catherine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does this work:

Fname = ThisWorkbook.Path & Application.PathSeparator & "temp.png"
CurrentChartX.Export Filename:=Fname, FilterName:="PNG"

If so, there may be a problem with the GIF filter file. I had a similar
problem when I installed Excel 2007 on a computer alongside Excel 2003, then
removed Excel 2007. I don't recall the exact steps to fix it, but it may
have involved standing on my head under a full moon. Also copying the filter
files from a different computer and overwriting the ones that Office 2007
may have left behind.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

I am new programing EXCEL makros and I am trying to export an EXCEL
chart as a GIF file. I am using the following code to do it:

Set CurrentChartX =
Sheets("1.Upright&TrackRodCoordinates").ChartObjec ts(1).Chart
CurrentChartX.Parent.Width = 306
CurrentChartX.Parent.Height = 180

Fname = ThisWorkbook.Path & Application.PathSeparator & "temp.gif"
CurrentChartX.Export Filename:=Fname, FilterName:="GIF"

I obtain the following error message in the last line:
Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error;

I have tried the same code in other computers without problems.The
value of the pathname stored in Fname has been checked and seems
correct. I would appreciate any help...

Thank you,

Catherine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Jon,

I have changed the filter name as you have suggested. Unfortunatelly,
It hasn't solved the problem.

I am using Excel 2003, in case this information helps...

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks,

Cath

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try omitting the optional FilterName argument altogether or pass an empty
string, eg

CurrentChartX.Export Filename:=Fname, FilterName:=""
or
CurrentChartX.Export Fname

Regards,
Peter T

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you Jon,

I have changed the filter name as you have suggested. Unfortunatelly,
It hasn't solved the problem.

I am using Excel 2003, in case this information helps...

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks,

Cath

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Peter.

Unfortunatelly, it has not solved the problem. It could point towards
a problem with the path specified, but I have tried different existant
ones without success... Please, let me know if you have any other
idea.

Cath