Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Export a chart in a GIF file. Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error;

Does this work:

Fname = ThisWorkbook.Path & Application.PathSeparator & "temp.png"
CurrentChartX.Export Filename:=Fname, FilterName:="PNG"

If so, there may be a problem with the GIF filter file. I had a similar
problem when I installed Excel 2007 on a computer alongside Excel 2003, then
removed Excel 2007. I don't recall the exact steps to fix it, but it may
have involved standing on my head under a full moon. Also copying the filter
files from a different computer and overwriting the ones that Office 2007
may have left behind.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

I am new programing EXCEL makros and I am trying to export an EXCEL
chart as a GIF file. I am using the following code to do it:

Set CurrentChartX =
Sheets("1.Upright&TrackRodCoordinates").ChartObjec ts(1).Chart
CurrentChartX.Parent.Width = 306
CurrentChartX.Parent.Height = 180

Fname = ThisWorkbook.Path & Application.PathSeparator & "temp.gif"
CurrentChartX.Export Filename:=Fname, FilterName:="GIF"

I obtain the following error message in the last line:
Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error;

I have tried the same code in other computers without problems.The
value of the pathname stored in Fname has been checked and seems
correct. I would appreciate any help...

Thank you,

Catherine