Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Make shortcut to Excelfile on desktop

Hi all

I got a Workbook Test.xls
in cell B2 i have a hyperlink to G:\Temp\Temp2

When i click on that link, the map with files popup
Then rightclick on file Test2.xls and select send to
deskto as shortcut

Hav can i make that happens automatic with a macro
so when i click on the link, the shortcut to Test2.xls
is send to desktop ?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can create a subroutine that would send a shortcut to
"G:\Temp\Temp2\Test2.xls to your desktop. However, if you're always going
to be sending the same shortcut to the desktop, it seems it would be quicker
to manually create the shortcut than it would be to write the subroutine or
do you really want to accumulate many duplicate shortcuts to Test2.xls on
your desktop?

Steve

"excelent" wrote in message
Hi all

I got a Workbook Test.xls
in cell B2 i have a hyperlink to G:\Temp\Temp2

When i click on that link, the map with files popup
Then rightclick on file Test2.xls and select send to
deskto as shortcut

Hav can i make that happens automatic with a macro
so when i click on the link, the shortcut to Test2.xls
is send to desktop ?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Steve - tks. for reply :-)

Y your right, for me it would be easey, but still for many users
Excel and computers is something like "hmm do we have to use that"?
So my plan was to make it easey for them.

Until now we had 2 files, now it is merged to 1 new file named Test.xls
its on a network drive, so anyone can use that file.
They dont no i make a new file until they open the old file, where the
link to new file is.

Do u no haw to make that subroutine ?

"excelent" wrote in message
Hi all

I got a Workbook Test.xls
in cell B2 i have a hyperlink to G:\Temp\Temp2

When i click on that link, the map with files popup
Then rightclick on file Test2.xls and select send to
deskto as shortcut

Hav can i make that happens automatic with a macro
so when i click on the link, the shortcut to Test2.xls
is send to desktop ?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is an example that creates a new desktop shortcut to
"C:\Test\Bookx.xls"

__________________________________

Sub CreateDesktopShortcut()

strFilePath = "C:\Test\Bookx.xls"

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

' Find path to desktop on this PC
strDeskPath = objShell.Namespace(&H10&).Self.Path

' Create the shortcut
Set newLnk = wsh.CreateShortcut(strDeskPath & "\Shortcut to Bookx.xls.lnk")
newLnk.TargetPath = strFilePath
newLnk.Save

Set objShell = Nothing
Set wsh = Nothing
End Sub

__________________________________

Steve

"excelent" wrote in message
Hi all

I got a Workbook Test.xls
in cell B2 i have a hyperlink to G:\Temp\Temp2

When i click on that link, the map with files popup
Then rightclick on file Test2.xls and select send to
deskto as shortcut

Hav can i make that happens automatic with a macro
so when i click on the link, the shortcut to Test2.xls
is send to desktop ?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

woohoo did that do the job ?