Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel error message

A proprietary spreadsheet my son created for a client of his now blows up on
the client's machine. This is version 46. Excel version is 2000. The previous
45 versions of the spreadsheet have not had this problem. We cannot reproduce
the error on any computer here.

The client says the error is reproducible when running the print macro.
Works fine for my son.

By blowing up it means he gets the message "Microsoft Office Excel has
encountered a problem and needs to close. "

The client snapped some screen shots on running the Send Error Report.

AppVer 11.0.81.46.0
ModName msvcrt.dll
ModVer 7.0.2600.2180
ModStamp 41109752
fDebug: 0
Offset: 000372e3

Any idea of what went south on this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have experienced these types of errors before and tried many things to
overcome them but in the end it has resulted in having to reinstall windows
and office which has fixed the problem.

However, because it appears to be associated with only one computer and that
is with printing, I would try reinstalling the printer driver first.

No doubt others who view this will have some other things you might try.

Regards,

OssieMac

"Dkline" wrote:

A proprietary spreadsheet my son created for a client of his now blows up on
the client's machine. This is version 46. Excel version is 2000. The previous
45 versions of the spreadsheet have not had this problem. We cannot reproduce
the error on any computer here.

The client says the error is reproducible when running the print macro.
Works fine for my son.

By blowing up it means he gets the message "Microsoft Office Excel has
encountered a problem and needs to close. "

The client snapped some screen shots on running the Send Error Report.

AppVer 11.0.81.46.0
ModName msvcrt.dll
ModVer 7.0.2600.2180
ModStamp 41109752
fDebug: 0
Offset: 000372e3

Any idea of what went south on this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

FYI:

MSVCRT.DLL is the "Microsoft (R) C Runtime Library". My system has
multiple versions of it: one in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM (V6.1.8637.0), and
another in "C:\Program Files\HP CD-DVD\Umbrella" (V6.0.8337.0) and a
third in another program folder. I have no record of this error on my
present machine (I keep an Excel log of just about all changes, software
installs, problems on my machine). I do remember this error a long time
ago in the past, but haven't seen in for many months, if not a year or
more.

Does the client have all service packs for Windows and Office
up-to-date?
Bill Renaud

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim,

I'm trying to reply through the newsgroup. I had sent the code to you
directly yesterday morning.

I cannot reproduce the error the end user is getting on any of the three
computers in this location.

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Care to post some code?

Tim