Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. choose less data or close other applications

Hi,

I am using excel workbook to create report.

Steps:

I am having one excel template which contain more than 25 worksheets.
Using one program to write down csv data into excel. My template
contain macro code also. When user open report macro will execute and
csv data get processed and diferent report will get generate.

My problem is, one csv file contain large data in one cell (around
7K). When I am trying to open excel file i m getting following error:

"Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. choose less
data or close other applications"

Now what I tried:

1. Reduced data in the cell and ran the report and its working fine.
2. Deleted some worksheets from the workbook and tried its working
fine.

First i think its might be due to more data in cell but when i kept
all data and just delete some sheets its working fine. I m not sure
whats the problem. even my sheets does not contain any formulas.

Can anyone suggest any solution or cause of this problem.

Thanks in advance
Ashish

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. choose l

I think that it is possibly insufficient memory. What are the specs of your
computer and how much memory does it have?

You might like to try looking up 'pagefile' and 'virtual memory' in Windows
Help where it tells you how to check the amout of virtual memory. Ensure that
it is set to at least 1.5 times the available RAM.

Regards,

OssieMac

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No its not memory issue..using 2 GB RAM.... and memory is ok...i think

" wrote:
[...]

Ashish- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

Default Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. choo

There is a difference between RAM available on the computer, and Excel's
memory needs. Excel has built in limitations, which aren't well documented,
that don't necessarily match up to RAM specs.

I would do a search on this forum for "Excel memory" and find information on
the version of Excel you are using.

--
JNW