Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel cannot complete this task with availible resources

Hello,

I have a client with Office 2007 SP2 who is having a problem with Excel
2007. Whenever you try to do a copy and paste or block copy it pops up the
following error message:

"Excel cannot complete this task with availible resources. Choose less data
or close other applications" with an "OK" button the only choice.

The computer is dual core machine with 2Gb of memory (1.2Gb free) when the
error message is displayed and plenty of disk space.

The spredsheets are not big - 30 rows and 5 columns and there are no macros
- something I have seen when re-searching the problem.

The only other thing so far I have identified is that it only seems to occur
when the file is opened up and edited directly on the network share drive,
when the file is copied to a local drive/desktop and opened and edited there
the problem does not seem to occur - but this could be coincidence.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stephen.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hello Stephen,

How are you?

We have not heard from you regarding this issue. Please post back here at
your convenience so that we can assist further.

Sincerely,

Steven Du
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928982

| Error message when you open a workbook that contains cells that you
filled
| with a reference to a relative name in Excel 2007: "Excel cannot complete
| this task with available resources"
| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928976
|
| If the issue cannot be reproduced on the local hard drive, please change
| another network shared folder and check whether the issue can be
reproduced
| or not.
|
| In addition, please check whether Windows Desktop Search is installed on
| both server and client sides.
|
| Have a nice day.
|
| Regards,
|
| Steven Du
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| ================================================== ==
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ================================================== ==
rights.

| --------------------
|
| | From: ?B?U0FDb3VsbA==?=
| | Subject: Excel cannot complete this task with availible resources
| | Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 08:15:01 -0700

| |
| | Hello,
| |
| | I have a client with Office 2007 SP2 who is having a problem with Excel
| | 2007. Whenever you try to do a copy and paste or block copy it pops up
| the
| | following error message:
| |
| | "Excel cannot complete this task with availible resources. Choose less
| data
| | or close other applications" with an "OK" button the only choice.
| |
| | The computer is dual core machine with 2Gb of memory (1.2Gb free) when
| the
| | error message is displayed and plenty of disk space.
| |
| | The spredsheets are not big - 30 rows and 5 columns and there are no
| macros
| | - something I have seen when re-searching the problem.
| |
| | The only other thing so far I have identified is that it only seems to
| occur
| | when the file is opened up and edited directly on the network share
| drive,
| | when the file is copied to a local drive/desktop and opened and edited
| there
| | the problem does not seem to occur - but this could be coincidence.
| |
| | Any help would be appreciated.
| |
| | Stephen.