Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Option Explicit when install Essbase

I created an add-in that was working right until I installed Essbase.
I added a line to Hide/Unhide sheets to the tab contextual menu, since I
have Essbase the macro stopped working and returns a Argument not optional
error.
Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Any chance that your macro's name and Essbase were unlucky enough to be the
same?

If you change your macro's name to something more unique: LuisEHideUnhideMac

Does it help?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,
I don't use Essbase either (whatever that is). However, a similar situation
to the one described happened to a user of one of my add-ins.
The ASAP program and my add-in were sharing a sub name.

I now take care to give unique names to subs and functions.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

LuisE wrote:
I created an add-in that was working right until I installed Essbase.
I added a line to Hide/Unhide sheets to the tab contextual menu, since I
have Essbase the macro stopped working and returns a Argument not optional
error.
Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Essbase hijacks some features in Excel that you should probably disable,
such as dbl-clicking on a cell. That's an option that you can disable. I'm
guessing some action you performed is linked to Essbase, as I recall when I
used it a while ago. Poke around the Essbase options and see if something
looks like it might get activated, say if you right click on a sheet. One
question though: does your macro work properly if you run it from the VBE,
as opposed to how you have linked it to your menu action? If so, it's
probably most definitely an Essbase option that can be disabled.

Not sure I understand what you mean when you say "Option Explicit when
install Essbase." Is Essbase enforcing good coding habits?

"LuisE" wrote in message
I created an add-in that was working right until I installed Essbase.
I added a line to Hide/Unhide sheets to the tab contextual menu, since I
have Essbase the macro stopped working and returns a Argument not optional
error.
Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Essbase carries a lot of routines it is a possibility that my macro's name is
repeated. I'll check, I have it at work.
Thanks for the prompt response