Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Web Query

In Excel 2002, On the ToolBar i click on:
Data
Import External Data
New Web Query

In the Address field I enter the following
https://secure.icicidirect.com/tradi...p?Symbol=NIFTY

The web page opens properly. Then i click on Import, Put data on existing
worksheet. The following error comes

Unable to open
https://secure.icicidirect.com/tradi...p?Symbol=NIFTY. Cannot download the information you requested.

This error has started to come recently. Till few weeks back data was
getting downloaded on the excel sheet from this particular website. Now also
data is getting downloaded from other sites, but not from this site. I
urgently need data download to excel from this site. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can give you an alternative. I have a free open-source EXCEL add-in
that can extract data from most web pages. I originally wrote the add-
in because of various problems and issues I was having with EXCEL Web
Queries.

The add-in, documentation on its functions, and templates and examples
of their usage, can be found in the files are of this Yahoo Group:

For example, the following three formula could be used to grab the
last price, the opening price, and the high price from the web page
you mention:

=RCHGetTableCell("https://secure.icicidirect.com/trading/equity/
trading_stock_quote.asp?Symbol=NIFTY",1,"Last Trade Price")
=RCHGetTableCell("https://secure.icicidirect.com/trading/equity/
trading_stock_quote.asp?Symbol=NIFTY",1,"Day Open")
=RCHGetTableCell("https://secure.icicidirect.com/trading/equity/
trading_stock_quote.asp?Symbol=NIFTY",1,"Day High")

...which returns:

4497.7
4509.65
4538.6