Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Old Excel 2000 macro won't run under Windows XP

I have an old, very large macro, programmed using Excel Functions, which
exists in a .xlm sheet in Excel 2000. It has run successfully since 1993 and
ran successfully on Excel 2000 when I had an earlier version of Windows. I
reinstalled Office 2000 under Windows XP and the macro no longer runs,
producing a spurious error message. "Stepping through" the macro shows that
what is really happening is that the data references, intended to apply to
the .xls sheet, are being interpreted as references to the .xlm sheet, so
that cells in the .xlm sheet are being manipulated and deleted instead of the
correct cells in the .xls sheet.

I've tried using the "activate" function to point the macro to the .xls
sheet, but that does not change anything.

How do I now get the macro to process the .xls sheet instead of the .xlm
sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have a ton of old Excel 4 code that runs just fine under any Excel version
under any Windows version. Excel 4 code often operates on the active sheet.
Make sure when running your code that the worksheet is active. If you would
testing code by firing a macro while the macro sheet was active I could see
it having the effect you're seeing.

--
Jim