Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Old Excel 2000 macro won't run under Windows XP

I have a ton of old Excel 4 code that runs just fine under any Excel version
under any Windows version. Excel 4 code often operates on the active sheet.
Make sure when running your code that the worksheet is active. If you would
testing code by firing a macro while the macro sheet was active I could see
it having the effect you're seeing.

--
Jim