Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default date reverts to serial number

I have a drop down box in a userform that allows the user to select
from the seven days of the week. These days are stored on a sheet in
this format: dddd - mm/dd/yyyy and appear as such when the user clicks
on the drop down arrow. However once the desired day is selected it
shows the serial version of the date. Any suggestions on a way to set
it show that after the user selects the date it still shows the date
and not the serial

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You also need to format the linked cell as date
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"stewart" wrote:

I have a drop down box in a userform that allows the user to select
from the seven days of the week. These days are stored on a sheet in
this format: dddd - mm/dd/yyyy and appear as such when the user clicks
on the drop down arrow. However once the desired day is selected it
shows the serial version of the date. Any suggestions on a way to set
it show that after the user selects the date it still shows the date
and not the serial

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"stewart" wrote:
I have a drop down box in a userform that allows the user to select
from the seven days of the week. These days are stored on a sheet in
this format: dddd - mm/dd/yyyy and appear as such when the user clicks
on the drop down arrow. However once the desired day is selected it
shows the serial version of the date. Any suggestions on a way to set
it show that after the user selects the date it still shows the date
and not the serial

i should clarify that once the date is selected the date appears as a
serial while still displayed in the userform. the source is formated
correctly and when i place the value of the drop down box into a cell
it displays as i would like it/ my problem is the in between time
when after the user has selected the date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"stewart" wrote:
I have a drop down box in a userform that allows the user to select
from the seven days of the week. These days are stored on a sheet in
this format: dddd - mm/dd/yyyy and appear as such when the user clicks
on the drop down arrow. However once the desired day is selected it
shows the serial version of the date. Any suggestions on a way to set
it show that after the user selects the date it still shows the date
and not the serial

i should clarify that once the date is selected the date appears as a
serial while still displayed in the userform. the source is formated
correctly and when i place the value of the drop down box into a cell
it displays as i would like it/ my problem is the in between time
when after the user has selected the date.

Could you please clarify Tom. No I am not using the DateSerial
function and I am afraid to say that I am not familiar with how to use
it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello stewart
Use the Change event from your combobox eg:
Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
With ComboBox1
..Value = Format(.Value, "dddd - mm/dd/yyyy")
End With
End Sub

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"stewart" a écrit dans le message de news:

"stewart" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sep 10, 10:34 am, "papou"
wrote:
Hello stewart
Use the Change event from your combobox eg:
Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
With ComboBox1
.Value = Format(.Value, "dddd - mm/dd/yyyy")
End With
End Sub

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"stewart" a écrit dans le message de news:
om...

"stewart" wrote:
[...]

that did the trick thank you