Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default command button in a frame: strange phenomena

On a form, I have a frame with two refedit controls: refRunStart and
refRunEnd. Often, when setting the range for a run, the start of a new run is
the end of the previous one, so I added a command button:

Private Sub cmdStartIsEnd_Click()

refRunStart.Text = refRunEnd.Text

End Sub

When I place this command button outside the frame that contans the refedit
controls everything works just fine. However, when I place it inside the
frame (which for logic's sake I would prefer), strange things start
happening: the button won't work on the first click, the value of refRunEnd
is merely appended to that of refRunStart and the program wont stop at a
break I place in the click event of the button. The program may even get
stuck. Am I missing something here?

I am using XL2003 SP2.

TIA

Accessing every option button on a frame DKS Excel Programming 0 August 21st 06 09:04 PM
new phenomena? Ray Excel Programming 1 July 26th 06 01:27 PM
How to access a Radio Button in Frame in Excel? rmgjohnes Excel Programming 0 June 22nd 06 05:30 PM
VB's Command Button vs Form's Command Button Ronald Dodge Excel Programming 3 May 24th 06 02:23 PM
strange command button problem David Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 March 20th 06 03:06 PM