Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copy and paste formula +1

Hi,
I need to copy and paste a formula from cell D18 [formula is
=(9-SUM(SEP07))], SEP07 being the range D19:D29, into cell E18. this I have
managed to do but I then need the formula to incorporate a new range, i.e.
=(9-SUM(OCT07)), OCT07 being range E19:E29, when the formula is pasted into
the new cell (E18).

The people in this discussion group have been very helpful in the past and
hopefully some one can suggest a macro to perform this task.
thanks in advance
sevi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why don't you just use the range address instead of its name
=(9-SUM(D$19:D$29))
Then when you copy it, the column will adjust.
James
"sevi61" wrote in message
I need to copy and paste a formula from cell D18 [formula is
=(9-SUM(SEP07))], SEP07 being the range D19:D29, into cell E18. this I
have
managed to do but I then need the formula to incorporate a new range, i.e.
=(9-SUM(OCT07)), OCT07 being range E19:E29, when the formula is pasted
into
the new cell (E18).

The people in this discussion group have been very helpful in the past and
hopefully some one can suggest a macro to perform this task.
thanks in advance
sevi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Zone,

thanks mate, that works a treat and I can't believe that I didn't see it
myself! sometimes I try and make things too complicated I guess. Thanks again
for your help, it is much appreciated as always.

regards,

sevi