Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Missing Macros from Workbook

Under what conditions would Macros be deleted from a workbook?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

If certain keywords exist, such as Kill or references to the Extensibility
Object model with code that calls such macros, by your anti virus software
and/or if the workbook is received via email and the antivirus software is
activated.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
Under what conditions would Macros be deleted from a workbook?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray Ray is offline

I can think of three scenarios:
a) someone manually opened the VBA Project and deleted them
b) a macro was built to delete other macros (I think this can be
done)
c) the macros were actually saved to your Personal.xls workbook, were
thus never actually in the workbook and couldn't have been deleted.
(this option assumes that the macros were recorded and not manually
created).

I'm sure an MVP can confirm these scenarios and add others (should
they exist -- scenarios, not MVPs)...

ray

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In addition to the macros being deleted, all of the worksheet codenames are
gone. I'm aware that macros can be written to delete modules (I've done it),
but I'm not sure these folks have that ability. It's like the modules are
being stripped out for some reason.

Would saving as 2007 and then opening as 2003 cause this problem? I don't
have 2007 here so can't check.

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt