Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default alternating format

am using 2007.

Assuming I have a named range called "ColorRange", I need to have something
which goes through the range and for each row, evaluates whether or not
MOD(row()/2)=0, and if it does, colors it a shade of some sort.

I cannot use conditional formatting, because I already have one formatting
that needs to occur, and the two together will work in 2007, but this will be
run on an earlier version, where there is no checkbox for "stop if true", so
that I cannot have both evaluated and both valid. The two things I need to
have happen (in case there IS a way to do this with conditional formatting
and have it work in earlier Excel versions) is that if the row is odd/even, I
need it colored differently. But also, if the number at the end is less than
a certain value, I need that cell to be BOLD RED text. I am currently
finding that if I have both of the tests on there and one of the tests is
met, the other is ignored (because I've made it compatible with older
versions).

thanks for any help on this one.
--
Boris