Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cond Format if cell contains Values INSTEAD of a formula

I cannot figure this out no matter what I do
Every formula it try to apply addresses the RESULT of the formula (as
it should) instead of the value.

any solution much appreciated

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First enter this small UDF:

Function formulaa(r As Range) As Integer
formulaa = 1
If r.HasFormula Then
formulaa = 2
End If
End Function

The UDF tells you if a cell has a formula in it or just a value. For
example if A1 contains 3 then
=formulaa(A1) will display 1

If A1 contains
=1+2
then formulaa(A1) will display a 2

To set the Conditional Format for Z100:

Format Conditional Formatting... Formula is
=formulaa(Z100)=2
and pick a distinctive format
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200739

"Finny388" wrote:

I cannot figure this out no matter what I do
Every formula it try to apply addresses the RESULT of the formula (as
it should) instead of the value.

any solution much appreciated

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Aug 24, 1:40 pm, Finny388 wrote:
I cannot figure this out no matter what I do
Every formula it try to apply addresses the RESULT of the formula (as
it should) instead of the value.

any solution much appreciated

thanks

Any help would be great. I need a way to highlight a cell if a text
value has replaced the formula - to know alert this value is not the
formula's doing but the users.

Because either a value or the result of a formula is valid, it is just
very important to make them visually distinct.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to add a user defined function to the workbook.

Enter this in a module:

Public Function IsFormula(rng As Range)
IsFormula = rng.HasFormula
End Function

Then highlight the cells needing CF, go to Conditional Formatting,
choose "Formula Is" and type in the formula field:

=IsFormula(A1)

....and set your desired format.

(Change A1 in the formula to the upper-left cell of the range you
highlighted.)

Mark Lincoln

On Aug 24, 2:40 pm, Finny388 wrote:
I cannot figure this out no matter what I do
Every formula it try to apply addresses the RESULT of the formula (as
it should) instead of the value.

any solution much appreciated

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Aug 30, 11:28 am, Mark Lincoln wrote:
You need to add a user defined function to the workbook.

Enter this in a module:

Public Function IsFormula(rng As Range)
IsFormula = rng.HasFormula
End Function

Then highlight the cells needing CF, go to Conditional Formatting,
choose "Formula Is" and type in the formula field:

=IsFormula(A1)

...and set your desired format.

(Change A1 in the formula to the upper-left cell of the range you
highlighted.)

Mark Lincoln

On Aug 24, 2:40 pm, Finny388 wrote:

I cannot figure this out no matter what I do
Every formula it try to apply addresses the RESULT of the formula (as
it should) instead of the value.

any solution much appreciated

thanks

Thank you so much! That has been an issue for so long.

Thanks!