Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Any way to programmatically make pivot tables behave more like data tables?

I'm wondering if there's any way to make the data filtering process in
pivot tables behave the same way they do in data tables/lists. In
tables/lists when you filter on a column the filter option on the rest
of the columns only show the remaining available data - which makes
great sense. In pivot tables the filters always show all of the
available data regardless of other filtering going on. I hate that -
makes it very difficult to filter in on specific sets of data.

Any suggestions on adjusting pivot table behavior in that way? I
haven't done much VBA with pivot tables so I'm not sure where to
start.

Thanks!