Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using a variable to determine row selection

Hello,

I actually have 2 issues I am trying to solve. I am taking data and
stacking it on top to have 1 row of data to run correlations.

I have a cell (N_Size) that has the number of rows I want to be
selected starting at D3. I don't know how to reference this named
cell to select the number of rows specified in it.

Next I don't know how to loop this code to repeat X amount of times to
stack the data on top of each other.

So just as an example, I have a 150 in B3 (# of rows wanted to be
selected in D3) and 5 in B5 (# of columns that I want stacked on top
of each other starting with D3). How do I get this to happen in a VBA
code.

Thanks for any help/guidance you can give.

PC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can you be more specific on what data you want to stack and where you want it
stored?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

" wrote:

Hello,

I actually have 2 issues I am trying to solve. I am taking data and
stacking it on top to have 1 row of data to run correlations.

I have a cell (N_Size) that has the number of rows I want to be
selected starting at D3. I don't know how to reference this named
cell to select the number of rows specified in it.

Next I don't know how to loop this code to repeat X amount of times to
stack the data on top of each other.

So just as an example, I have a 150 in B3 (# of rows wanted to be
selected in D3) and 5 in B5 (# of columns that I want stacked on top
of each other starting with D3). How do I get this to happen in a VBA
code.

Thanks for any help/guidance you can give.

PC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

" wrote:
Hello,

I actually have 2 issues I am trying to solve. I am taking data and
stacking it on top to have 1 row of data to run correlations.

I have a cell (N_Size) that has the number of rows I want to be
selected starting at D3. I don't know how to reference this named
cell to select the number of rows specified in it.

Next I don't know how to loop this code to repeat X amount of times to
stack the data on top of each other.

So just as an example, I have a 150 in B3 (# of rows wanted to be
selected in D3) and 5 in B5 (# of columns that I want stacked on top
of each other starting with D3). How do I get this to happen in a VBA
code.

Thanks for any help/guidance you can give.

PC

The data that is going to be stacked are numbers. They are %
allocations of market share. They need to be stacked on top of each
other along with stacking other information to run a correlation on
the market share.

It is going to be copied and pasted on another sheet.

Thanks for any help.

PC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1 - What's the sheet name that the data is on now
2 - What is the sheet name the data will be on
3 - Where does the data start on the Source Sheet. Cell B5?
4 - How do you tell the program how many rows and columns to extract the
data from? Rows on A1, Col on B1. on the source sheet (I know you have it
here somewhere, but top and bottom posting makes it very confusing)
5 - Where do you start entering data on the Second sheet? Cell A10?

FYI, the general convention here is top posting. I'm guessing you're using
a news reader that defaults to bottom posting.