Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copying rows or cells using Java

I am creating reports in .xls format from a Java application using Jakarta
POI. For various reasons, I would like to be able to tweak the format of the
report interactively using Excel rather than POI. My approach to this is to
create a report template using Excel. My application will then open the
template and, for each row in the report, simply copy a row from the template
onto the report, and then fill in the values. However, I have not found a way
to copy a row or cell via POI in such a way that preserves formatting. Is it
possible to do this with POI? If not, is there any other Java API that
supports this? The copying of rows or cells would be between worksheets but
within the same workbook.