Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Formatting if a certain condition is met

I want to use Conditional Formatting to change the row color at each change
in a value. In the same way sub-totals work. For example, at each change in
the EE ID it would change the row high-lighting.

EE ID LAST NAME
003461 CARSON
003462 SMITH
029800 JONES
004590 HOWARD
004590 HOWARD
029925 BALDWIN
010767 KELLY
010767 KELLY
010767 KELLY
024323 ROBINS
027205 EDWARDS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select A3 and pull-down:

Format Conditional Formatting Formula is
and enter:
=A2<A3
then set the hilight color. Then copy the format down the column.

repeat this for B3, C3, etc.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200735

"JerryG" wrote:

I want to use Conditional Formatting to change the row color at each change
in a value. In the same way sub-totals work. For example, at each change in
the EE ID it would change the row high-lighting.

EE ID LAST NAME
003461 CARSON
003462 SMITH
029800 JONES
004590 HOWARD
004590 HOWARD
029925 BALDWIN
010767 KELLY
010767 KELLY
010767 KELLY
024323 ROBINS
027205 EDWARDS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This will not work as I want the name Howard and Kelly all to be the same
color, but I also need it to alternate row colors when a change occurs.
Thanks for the help.
--
JerryG