Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JerryG JerryG is offline

Default Conditional Formatting if a certain condition is met

This will not work as I want the name Howard and Kelly all to be the same
color, but I also need it to alternate row colors when a change occurs.
Thanks for the help.
--
JerryG

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Select A3 and pull-down:

Format Conditional Formatting Formula is
and enter:
=A2<A3
then set the hilight color. Then copy the format down the column.

repeat this for B3, C3, etc.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200735

"JerryG" wrote:

I want to use Conditional Formatting to change the row color at each change
in a value. In the same way sub-totals work. For example, at each change in
the EE ID it would change the row high-lighting.

EE ID LAST NAME
003461 CARSON
003462 SMITH
029800 JONES