Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MP MP is offline

Default Menus not working in embedded Excel

We embed an excel spreadsheet in our application. A user action causes Excel
to open up in a new window with the spreadsheet in it. The application is
written in C#.

On one machine with XP SP2 and Office 2003, the Excel window opens up fine,
but all menus except the file menu do not open. The same app with the same
worksheet works fine on another XP SP2 machine with Office 2003, as well as
another with Office 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MP MP is offline

Do you mean the link to the spreadsheet? No, the spreadsheet opens up as
usual. All data is there, I can select ranges and do other stuff. The menu
bar shows up on the top, but when you click on a menu, it does not expand.

Upon further experimentation, it happens only to a specific user. Other
users on the same machine do not have this problem, and on other machines,
all users work fine. So it would seem that there is something wrong with one
specific user profile on one machine only.

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Did you lose the link?